Monday, April 14, 2008

SBU Fashion Post...............UPDATE....Shouts to Sopie on the Pics!

As many of you know, I am a glutton for punishment, and I love these college fashion shows for many reasons. The first being the relatively unknown designers that are used and the second for the faces that give identity to the pieces of art worn. Now the punishment part came in the wait for the show to start....I know the staff wasn't at fault, but almost 2 hours waiting for the show to start??? To add more pain to my already hungry self (I don't know why I didn't just eat), within 2 minutes of the show, I realized my camera battery was weak....and 30 seconds later...it was shot...my homie Sophie of purplealamode.blogspot.com (don't forget to check that out), hooked me up with some pictures....whew!

I was honestly relieved when the show officially did kick off, because if it was a dissapointment, I am sure the crowd would've let everyone know. I loved the designers and the themes used to introduce the styles....my favorite was actually the mash house party opener, and of course a wonderful mash up where the dj was spinning an original track (ie. Daft Punks stronger, better, faster) and Kanye's sample to introduce a brand which as soon as I remember will be included in this post. What the show basically did was shine light on individual designers through the use of themes that included music, dancing and showmanship by the models. Overall, a pretty good show. Below are some of my favorites from the night (fashion show, because I didn't do the afterparty thing)........Enjoy!


Who doesn't love body paint?


Seriously.....who?


I love her stance in this one........


I don't know this model, but she did something towards the end and the whole place erupted (you had to be there)


That look is SICKNESS (my term for something that is great btw)


Two of my favorite models from the night in the same pic (LuckysinLove...LoL)


Fellas, y'all definately did the damn thing but do to the lighting of the area, I'll have to retouch some of the photos to show y'all love on this one. Today is dedicated to the ladies of SBU....

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

sad to say, but i'm not too upset I missed the show...lol

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing us love on your site. we worked hard for the show and during the show.

VidA'
(girl in the purple and gold African attire above.)

Yellow Rebel said...

wish i could've made it...

Anonymous said...

Yo Tell shorty in the last pic to get at the kid. In fact, give them all my contact info